Ninja Hot and Cold review : A look at this multi-purpose coffee brewing system that can make hot coffee, tea, iced drinks and specialty brews.
Ninja Hot and Cold Review: With a spiffy modern design, touchscreen display, compact structure and a foldaway milk frother, the Ninja Hot and Cold Brewed System is a nifty device that lets you indulge in a craving for all sorts of coffee drinks.
(Updated on 24th April, 2023)
What’s In This Coffee Machine Review?
Ninja Hot and Cold Review : An Overview of the Brewing System
The Ninja Hot and Cold coffee maker isn’t an overambitious experiment that attempts too much. On the contrary, it is impressive at how much it can handle.
The complex tea and coffee brewer is loaded with functions that coffee lovers will find delightful.
- 6 different brew sizes, ranging from 4.8 to 50 oz
- Water tank with 50 oz capacity (10 cups)
- Uses ground coffee, no pods or capsules
- Milk frother included, does not heat milk
- Glass or thermal (stainless steel) carafe
- Plastic construction
- brews hot and cold coffee, tea and cold brew
- choice of different brew sizes
- brews full carafe or single serves
- foldaway milk frother arm saves space
- smart basket recognition system makes it easy to use
- removable water tank is easier to refill
- hot, tasty coffee delivered consistently
- a little more expensive than simpler models
- cannot use coffee pods
- too complex for casual users
Model: Hot and Cold Brewed System
Category: Drip coffee maker
Capacity: 50 oz
Wattage: 1500 W
Cold brew: yes
Ninja Hot and Cold Review : Design & Appearance
The Ninja Hot and Cold coffee maker is aesthetically appealing, with a clean and compact appearance. It fits even into modest spaces and looks quite in place in any modern kitchen.
- A built-in milk frother barely adds anything to a tiny footprint.
- Choice between a glass or thermal carafe that can hold 10 cups of coffee.
- The thermal carafe has the advantage of keeping your coffee warm for longer.
- Save on energy bills with the thermal carafe, which is also of tougher stainless steel.
- Single cup brewing happens on a retractable platform, a design innovation that saves on space.
- The cup is smaller, and so a platform holds it closer to the spout to prevent messy spills.
- A 50 ounce water tank is situated at the back of the machine. You can refill it to brew an entire carafe of coffee, or top it up from time to time if you use single-serve brewing.
Note – Ninja hot and cold review: If you leave a glass carafe on a hot plate for too long, the coffee gets a burnt flavor.
Ninja Hot and Cold Review : Special Features
The Ninja Hot and Cold coffee maker is loaded with features that make it fun and convenient to brew your favorite beverage.
You can brew both coffee and tea using the Ninja Hot and Cold Brewed System.
There are separate filter baskets (color coded to avoid any confusion), as well as distinct brewing modes for each.
Brew Size Adjustment:
You can pick from one of 6 different brew sizes.
- regular cup
- XL cup
- travel mug
- large travel mug
- half carafe
- full carafe
The Ninja Hot and Cold coffee maker automatically calibrates volume and other settings to optimize brewing – not by just altering the volume of water.
You’ll consistently enjoy coffee with a rich flavor and aroma.
You can choose any of 5 different brewing modes.
- Classic brew is traditional drip coffee that’s rather dilute.
- Rich brew is a slightly longer brew cycle that enhances extraction and delivers a richer, more robust beverage.
- Over Ice makes concentrated coffee that can be poured over ice for iced drinks.
- Cold brew extracts coffee in a different way at cooler temperatures, yet is finished in 10 minutes or less.
- Specialty brew is to pull concentrated espresso-like shots which can be used for milky drinks like lattes and cappuccinos.
Your coffee maker starts brewing at a scheduled time. This means you can set it up before going to bed, and wake up to the delicious aroma of brewing coffee.
Range of Drinks:
Any of these brewing modes can be used to make coffee, hot tea or cold tea.
You can use this coffee machine to easily make specialty coffee drinks like
The inbuilt milk frother offers you more flexibility to indulge your creative side.
A motorized whisk generates a thick foam for your coffee drinks. It may not be as good as the froth created using a steam wand on espresso machines, but is quite good.
The frother will not heat milk. This is ideal to layer foam on iced coffee drinks. Many Ninja Hot and Cold review reports don’t mention this!
Pre-programmed Settings for Tea:
The Ninja Hot and Cold coffee maker comes programmed with optimal settings to brew 5 types of tea:
Each of these types of tea requires different steeping times. These are all pre-set in the Ninja Hot and Cold.
Ninja Hot and Cold Review : Ease of Use
The Ninja Hot and Cold coffee maker is easy to use and convenient to clean up.
- With so many extensive features, you might imagine it is complicated to operate. But no. Even beginners will find it easy to get started.
- A touchscreen with clearly labelled controls allows you to quickly and easily choose options.
- Many of the complex functions are packaged into pre-programmed instructions. Just select the right option. The machine reads the correct program and follows instructions.
- A ‘smart’ basket recognition system will correctly identify the coffee pod or tea basket you’re using, gather the pre-set details for brewing, and implement them.
Ninja Hot and Cold Review : Clean Up & Maintenance
The Ninja Hot and Cold coffee maker is easy to clean up, though it surprisingly lacks an automated cleaning cycle.
- All components are dishwasher safe and simple to clean. You can choose to wash it under running water instead, though.
- The machine monitors build up of minerals, and recommends descaling when necessary.
- Cleaning is easy. Just run a couple of cycles with water and descaling solution.
- The milk frother must be rinsed and wiped dry after each use.
Ninja Hot and Cold Review : Price
The Ninja Hot and Cold coffee maker is priced attractively to appeal to all users. If you’re looking for the best model that includes all the features above, then this is among the least expensive.
If you only occasionally brew a carafe of coffee, or make iced coffee drinks rarely, then you can make do with a less complex coffee maker.
But if you enjoy having multiple options, and regularly indulge your taste for specialty coffee, then the Ninja Hot and Cold coffee maker offers excellent value for money.
Ninja Hot and Cold Review : Our Verdict
If you need to frequently switch appliances to make a range of specialty coffee drinks, then the Ninja Hot and Cold coffee maker will be a nice addition to your kitchen or office.
An easy to use touchscreen, multiple convenient features, ability to make both coffee and tea, an inbuilt milk frother, and compact, elegant design are features that set this Ninja Hot and Cold coffee maker apart from other models.
Priced affordably for most household budgets, this chic coffee machine has won a legion of loyal fans who enjoy their morning brewing a lot more.
Hopefully this Ninja Hot and Cold review was helpful to decide if this is the best coffee maker for your needs.